The ipad and iphone is a great tool that allows students to maximize the learning resources they have access to. Students can surf the web and create anything from an essay to a movie on and ipad or iphone. Of course in order to use these you have to know how to use them. Below are some tips that make using an ipad or iphone as easy as possible.
- When switching between apps double tap the home button and swipe from left to right to see what apps are open. To go to one of these click on the app. If you would like to close one of these swipe up on the app.
- In order to restrict apps go to Settings > General > Restrictions > Enable Restrictions > enter a passcode to allow what apps can and cannot be used with out the passcode. When done make sure to return restrictions to off so the ipad can be used freely again.
- Hit the space bar twice to type a period and a space.
- Double tab the shift key to enable caps lock.
- Hold down keys to see special characters/ letters.
- In order to add international keyboards go to Settings > General > Keyboard > Keyboards > Add New Keyboard. In order to use the keyboard in the selected language look for the globe in the bottom left of the keyboard on the screen and tap on it to cycle through the different languages.
- Hold the .com key down to get other options like .us, .org, .edu and .net
- Find a word or phrase in safari by going to the search bar when on the page and typing the word or phrase and taping the word or phrase under “On This Page”.
Using Google Drive on the iPhone:
Go to the App Store. Search for “google drive” and download. This application is free. However, keep in mind that if you don’t have a Google account already, you will not be able to use the drive.
After downloading, click on the app to open it. You’ll see something like this when you do.
3 photo editing apps for the iPhone.
Aviary and Photo Editor-Axiem Systems:
Although these are two different apps, I’ve put them together because they are pretty much exactly alike. Both apps have all of the following features. Each edit can only be applied one at a time. For example, with the Enhance options, you can’t apply HiDef and Illuminate to a photo at the same time.
As of September 18th, 2013, Apple Inc. has released their next version of iOS software for all of their mobile Apple devices (iPod, iPhone and iPad). The immensely popular brand has warranted a high demand for innovative, new and refreshing experiences every time their products are used which is multiple times every day. After analyzing Apple’s dilemma and reviewing their work in the recent iOS 7 update, let us see if this software will make or brake the populous’ demand for the esteemed iPhone.
The first experience one has upon updating is the new look. For every previous iOS version, the look has not changed and has bored myself and, I am confident to say, most consumers. This has been an obvious necessity and has revitalized the way people see their phones. A cool addition to the new look is also an optical effect regarding a three dimensional atmosphere between the background homepage and the app icons. But looks do not last long. After long, people will renew their boredom and search for something that will ease the dull, repetitious cycle of using the same features of their device daily.