Google Classroom is a blended learning platform for schools that aim to simplify creating, distributing and grading assignments in a paperless way. Classroom saves time and paper, and makes it easy to create classes, distribute assignments, communicate, and stay organized. Teachers can quickly see who has or hasn’t completed the work, and provide direct, real-time feedback and grades right in Classroom.
How to Use:
- Sign in through click teacher Google Apps for Education username and click Next. Remember: Your Google Apps for Education username looks like firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Teachers can accept an invitation to teach a class by navigating to Classroom directly or by clicking the link in the email invitation.
- Click at the top of the page and click Create class. Enter the class name in the first text box.
- Click the class you want to add students to.
- At the top, click Students.
- Click Invite.
- Check the box next to the students you want to invite or check the Select all box to invite all the students listed.
- To see other contact lists, click My contacts.
- To see all the students in your school’s domain, click Directory. You can also search for a student by name in the search box.
- Check the box next to any additional student you want to invite.
- Click Invite Students.
Tips and Benefits:
- Easy setup—Teachers set up a class, invite students and co-teachers, and then share information—assignments, announcements, and questions—in the class stream.
- Less time and paper—The simple, paperless assignment workflow allows teachers to manage student work quickly, all in one place.
- Better organization—Students can see assignments on the Work page, in the class stream, or on the class calendar. All class materials are automatically filed into folders in Google Drive.
- Enhanced communication—Teachers can create assignments, send announcements, and start class discussions instantly. Students can share resources with each other and interact in the class stream or by email.
- Works with apps you use—Google Forms, Calendar, Gmail, Classroom share button to share from other websites, etc.
- Affordable and secure—Like all other Google Apps for Education services, Classroom contains no ads, never uses your content or student data for advertising purposes, and is free.